Weeknotes: December 27, 22
27 Dec 2022
- I'm a little late this week. I didn't bother to write these up over the Christmas weekend, and thought I might just skip this week, but then I saw Phil wrote up his weeknotes after all, because Alice and Tom did, and I didn't want to be left out.
- Our first week of holidays from work didn't quite feel like real holidays, because we still had plenty of chores and organising to get done before Christmas. Next week I start summer term for uni, so this week is my only "real" holiday week this year, I guess.
- Despite being busy last week, we did make time to go out for brunch on Friday afternoon. We were surprised it wasn't too busy out—we'd expected crowds of people so close to Christmas, but it was fairly quiet around here, and we had a really relaxing brunch.
- We've been watching Christmas specials this week, with Bäst i test and 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown already done, and a couple more to go, as well as the New Year's Treat from Taskmaster. We watched Big Fat Quiz Of The Year last night as well, which was excellent as always.
- I finished reading Ten Steps To Nanette by Hannah Gadsby over the Christmas weekend. I'm glad I read it, but I think it could have been cut down a bit. By the end I was really ready to be done with it.
- I haven't been reading plays much lately, nor graphic novels, so I planned to read at least one of each during the holidays. I've started Hangmen by Martin McDonagh, and I'm enjoying it so far. We recently watched McDonagh's film, The Banshees Of Inisherin, which was really bizarre, but good...in a weird way. I'm going to read The Best We Could Do for my graphic novel, which has been on my to-read list for ages.
- I've started my 2022 review, but there's quite a bit to go yet. Hopefully I'll get it done while I'm on holidays this week.
- This summer term at uni is the last chance for any online classes, as all classes are on-campus only from the start of semester 1. I'm really nervous about the risk of getting Covid from being on-campus and on public transport several days a week. I'm just hoping wearing a P2 mask and being as vaccinated as I can be will be enough to keep me safe.